The Division of Aquaculture & Inland Fisheries is charged with the responsibility to coordinate, supervise and monitor all fresh water capture fisheries and aquaculture activities in the Republic of Liberia.
- licensing and registration of canoes fishing in inland waters
- identification of fresh water species
- pond layout and design
- organizing and training fish farmers
- policies and regulation enforcement
- fish farmer extension services
- awareness and educational activities (what species to catch, size limits, release fish with eggs, not to use poison, benefits of not polluting the water)