Customer support is an elaborate and interactive procedure for knowing a customer and fulfilment of his needs in accordance with the business’s resources, capacity and capacity for the product sold or service delivered. Within this context, the client’s expectation starts in the time he’s purchased the item or subscribed or hired the services.
Consequently, customer service is an end-to-end process which starts from the time of sale until the end of life cycle of a product or the service or its usability to the client. Therefore, this concept originates with the client and ends with the client.
Synonyms of customer service: customer service, helpdesk, service facility, customer support, troubleshooting team, customer support, after sales support, customer helpline by searching on www.tellaldi.us survey. Customer support is part and parcel of each organization. For any Company to grow and sustain, their attention and efforts need to be channelized towards production of excellent customer service team.
Very good customer service should aim towards allowing the following:
- Long-time Customer retention
- Loyalty towards Company’s goods and services
- This in turn should construct a client’s confidence toward the newest
- Improving product effectiveness and its worth among the opponents
- Translating to greater sales thereby impacting overall earnings positively due to same client purchasing products or services or recommending them to his family and friends
- Resulting in Business saving its cost of customer acquisition due to customer support which is nearly 5 times more costly
- Strengthening a favourable word of mouth and raising Company’s goodwill and equity
- Leading to less expenditure on advertising, promotion and advertising activities
So, all these efforts will ultimately result in company’s prosperity and increased market share that is beneficial for its own employees and sellers and its longevity. But an unhappy customer is an opportunity and the business should never miss out on educational experience through the client’s feedback to analyse the origin of the problem that resulted in poor customer experience.
Client Service Representative, his qualities and the various Stations:
Customer service representative’s case would be the true manufacturer ambassador for any company since a client interacts with them on phone, through online chat, on company’s website or portal, on email, social media and online forums, face to face interaction in service centre.
A CSE should therefore:
- Speak to the client
- Listen to him
- Give him honour
- Know his need or concern
- Ultimately, most of all provide solution or another according to his problem or requirement.
Customer needs everything – politeness, compassion and solution. And he is right as he is paid for the item or the service. Customer is always right and is the king. Being polite and humble without solving client’s query will not help. Likewise giving alternative but in a rude tone will also back fire. It is a viscous circle of expectations.